After opening nominations for the “Cadre,” or managing board, for the upcoming Violet Volts foundation’s initial organization, here are some details about the duties of a member of the Cadre.
- When the organization is officially registered and organized as a legal entity, Cadre members will be members of the Board of Directors or equivalent.
- Periodically, the Cadre must “assemble” a quorum of members to perform the usual governance work, eg, filing State or Federal paperwork, etc.
- Any work performed directly or indirectly (eg, contracted out) by Violet Volts, any changes to the rules of Tootsville, any products or fundraising approved, can be reviewed, approved or denied by Cadre votes.
- Our current Benevolent Dictator will be stepping down to be a member of the Cadre.
- The estimated work will amount to perhaps an hour a month in email communication and a one to two hour conference online quarterly.
- Initial Cadre members will be publically vetted via Tootsbook and appointed. The first Cadre will ratify the organizational paperwork and bylaws, including establishing limitations upon the powers of the Cadre and how to elect their successors, under the advice of our legal counsel.
- As Tootsville grows and hopefully Violet Volts is able to expand our outreach, the duties of the Cadre could become more complicated, but one can step down if the work becomes onerous.
- This is, for the time being, an unpaid position.
Our current Benevolent Dictator is expecting to learn more about the legal aspects from counsel on Monday, 6 November, but it’s expected that the foundation won’t be filed legally until the New Year’s timeframe.